New and Noteworthy

Your "Back to School" Toolkit

Teen Health & Wellness should be a critical component of any librarian's "back to school" toolkit. The database provides students with comprehensive curricular support and self-help tools on topics including diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, fitness, mental health, diversity, family life, work readiness, and more.

Teen Health & Wellness supports information literacy with its continually updated content and regularly updated homepage features connecting medical news and social issues to database articles. Every article includes the date it was last updated, along with the names of the author and expert reviewer, plus a link to the reviewer's bio. Click here to see the esteemed Teen Health & Wellness Expert Review Board.

In addition, our Librarian/Educator Resources offers you powerful patron outreach materials to help you make the most of your subscription. There is a link to the Librarian/Educator Resources at the bottom of every page, where you can reach out to teens, educators, administrators, and librarian colleagues with tools such as:
Case Studies
Curriculum Correlations
Customizable Hotlines
Online Training

Personal Story Project
Program Ideas
Promotional Materials
RSS Feeds

Reviews, Awards and Testimonials
 "[We] were impressed with the quality and variety of the information, the look of the web site, and the ease of navigation. Our health education experts enthusiastically approved the content and we saw that it would meet student needs for both school assignments and personal exploration."
Em-DashPaul Whitsitt, Director of the Department of Libraries and Information Services, Chicago Public Schools, Chicago, IL

Library Spotlight

Teen Health & Wellness is excited to announce that several urban school districts have selected the database for integration into health, fitness, and family life curricula and as a reference and support resource for their middle and high school students. Chicago Public Schools (IL), Denver Public Schools (CO), Oakland Unified School District (CA), and Milwaukee Public Schools (WI) join a growing list of over 2,000 public and private schools and public libraries across the country that recognize Teen Health & Wellness as an important self-help and homework help tool for their communities. Find out more.

Teen Talk

In a recent homepage poll, Teen Health & Wellness asked teens: Is your school safe?

Responses were almost equally split. Half (51%) of teens said that their school was safe, while the other half (49%) said it was not. Unfortunately, these results suggest that half of teens polled do not feel safe at school.

See what teens are saying in the current homepage poll.

Top Search Terms

What topics have teen users been reading about? Top search terms on Teen Health & Wellness for July and August include:

• Abortion
• Anxiety
• Child Abuse
• Depression
• Diabetes
• Peer Pressure
• Poverty
• Pregnancy
• Steroids
• Stress
footer

Teen Health & Wellness Customer Newsletter is a free, bimonthly newsletter from Rosen Online, a division of Rosen Publishing. Teen Health & Wellness welcomes questions or comments.

Sign up for a trial or subscribe to the Teen Health & Wellness database.

View past issues of the Teen Health & Wellness Customer Newsletter. You can also view our Privacy Policy.

All information in the Teen Health & Wellness Customer Newsletter is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult a doctor.

® Rosen Publishing 2008 - 29 East 21st Street, New York, NY 10010 - 800.237.9932

Teen Health & Wellness: Real Life, Real Answers